Bad Blu Ray disc Images (Avid Studio)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joshua
      Participant

Ive been trying to create a 3.5hr long blu ray disc image using Avid studio. Ive tried multiple formats and even making the content into an HD video file and re-inserting it into Avid so it would only have to export one timeline. Every time I check the disc image the picture starts to pixelate during any movement at around nine and a half minutes and stays that way for the rest of the film. Does anyone know whats causing this and what I can do to fix it? Avid said adjust the write speed but auto is the only option it gives me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      I used my Panasonic HMC 150 to shoot the event in 720/24P.

Thanks

Yvon
      Participant

Hi,

Make it in 2 steps:

Step1 Create only the disk image

Step 2 Burn the disk image previously created using AVID or Roxio or Nero

The write speed check it auto mode push to yhe maximum speed you can adjust the write speed.

Regards,

YR

TomInJax
      Participant

I have the exact same issue with Avid Studio. I also have Pinnacle Studio 15, and I do not this problem.

I tried creating the disk image only, and used Nero to burn the disc. Same problem. The problem isn’t happening in the burning stage, it seems to be happening during the render.

I thought that it might be my video card. I am running dual monitors at 1080. One is a 22 inch for running the application, the other is a Visio 42 inch TV monitor. Both of these are “powered” by a GeForce 8600 video card. I am thinking that I need more memory in my video card…. πŸ™

This can be an expensive hobby…

Tom

Joshua
      Participant

Update. I found out that I had a large number of issues with my internet connection. Everything from squirrels chewing on my down line to cheap connectors and a bad modem. After I got them fixed I removed avid and re-downloaded it. It seems to be working fine now. If you have the downloaded version you may want to try that. I think some of the bites got compromised during the first download. It was good enough to install but not to properly use the program.

Hope this Helps

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN