background music idea

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

ok, I’m new, so maybe people already do this, but I felt that, in my videos, sometimes the lyrics of the songs were a distraction. My neighbor has a huge kareoke machine in his house with about 300 cd’s. It’s perfect. music in the background, hardly noticable.

Inactive

Yes, lyrics can be distracting. Sounds like your idea of using kareoke CDs would work. Just one note of caution: There are copyright laws that apply to using someone else’s music in your own creations. Of course, just showing your videos to family and friends wouldnt be a problem, but putting them on the internet or having some other type of public showing might get you in trouble. Some music publishers provide royalty-free production music. These are CDs (typically costing around $40 each) which have music cleared for inclusion in your videos and films. I think this website has a link to some royalty-free music sources, some you might be able to get for free. I like to use music from http://www.Music2Hues.com , but you should be able to find several sources.

BTW, “royalty free” means you don’t have to pay a royalty fee every time your video is shown. It doesn’t mean that you can get the music for free (although I have seen some “free” royalty-free music).

Good luck!

Ken Hull

Participant

try http://www.wavtracks.com for royalty free music – they are great quality and very reasonable prices – and free global shipping. Helped me out heaps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap