Backdrop

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am new to video production and am having a learning curve…

I am trying to make a low cost backdrop for a genealogy video interview project. I have a large canvas dropcloth (new) which I think I could paint. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to paint this backdrop to make a pleasing background — sponge, brush, roller? What colors would work best… pastels, base? Should it be ligher in the center (where the person will be positioned or darker?

Any suggestions on what to do for the next interview would be helpful…

http://pictures.antcam.us/interview/index.php [sorry IE only]

I have just obtained audio mics so the audio issues may be resolved in the next production.

Thanks,

Thom

Inactive

If you’re talking about a backdrop for doing chroma keying, I’d just save yourself the headache and buy a portable one from B&H. I bought a colapsable green backdrop from them for I think about $60 (if I remember correctly). It’s an 8’x10′ and works fantastic for interviews. Something to keep in mind. But if you are looking for something for chroma key, I’d shoot for green or a color you know FOR SURE won’t be used in the foreground for the scene/interview

Inactive

chroma keying? I did not know what that is until I looked it up on wikipedia… no… don’t want to do anything like that… just want to interview people on tape and display the resulting conversation on my website (edited into soundbites).

Basically, I am just looking for something that would be a "universal" (if there is such a thing) managable backdrop. Something I could throw up behind the person which would hide the clutter behind them in the room and make for a "pleasing" non-descript background. Something that would be cheap to make and easy to use… I have the cloth and can watch to purchase multiple colors at Home Depot (they have $1 cans of paint which they incorrectly mix for people. — over time I could get quite a variety of color)

Your thoughts…

Thanks for your comments and suggestions…

Thom

Inactive

Just plain old black always looks good

Inactive

Backdrops are used by still photographers also. Here’s a link to B&H Photo: http://www.bhphotovideo.com Enter backdrop in the search box. I tried posting the direct link to it but it doesn’t work from this forum.

Inactive

I would go with black also if your unsure. Its simple and the subject will stand out nicley.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap