b-side now distributing SHORT FILMS!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey, its CK from b-side again. Now, I love short films I love making short films but previously, the only exhibitions for them have been festivals and YouTube. True, the small few get screenings on TV networks here and there, but for the most part, you just have to be really passionate for filmmaking.

The tide is changing, though. b-side now has short films for sale on their site. Its a great opportunity for filmmakers to monetize their work. The films are for sale DRM-free for $0.99 and $1.99 (portable and high-res) and filmmakers keep 50% of the profit.

The first two are from Award winning director Leah Meyerhoff. Student Academy Award finalist Twitch tells the story of a teenage girl struggling between the normal world of hormone filled sexuality and caring for her wheelchair bound mother. The other short, Team Queen, is a punk rock burlesque music video for the band Triple Crme.

http://www.bside.com/films/

There are other great shorts on the site as well and we are looking to add more the only criterion is that it has played at a festival. So check out the films and, as always, visit the about> filmmakers section of the site to learn how to distribute through bside.com.

Participant

Twitch tells the story of a teenage girl struggling between the normal world of hormone filled sexuality and caring for her wheelchair bound mother. The other short, Team Queen, is a punk rock burlesque music video for the band Triple Crme.

Um. wow. As amazingly entertaining as both of those sound…no thanks.

Inactive

I guess you missed the main point of this post… b-side is now distributing short films. I know I (and most of my filmmaker friends) have a bunch of films that have played at festivals and that has been the end of their lifeline. Now, there is a non-exclusive outlet to make money off those shorts.

Just check it out if you have any shorts in your library that you want to make a little extra dough on…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap