Azden shotgun mic question…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am seriously considering an Azden SGM-2X… does anyone have any experience with this mic and is it any good? I will be using it to record customer interviews in a busy grocery store, on-camera. Thanks!
      -Chris

Inactive

Ok, I had to get the mic rush-delivered to my place and I’ve already used it and heard the results… WOW. To anyone who was considering this mic for similar applications, I was very impressed by it. The store that I was shooting in had a ton of audio nightmares, including loud singing animitronics, carrages clicking by (all the floors are a type of tile that makes a horrible noise when a cart is pushed over it), and an interview was even done directly underneith a loud cooling unit! 100% of the audio came out above my expectations and was completly clean and clear.
      In addition, the fact that it’s two mics in one is great. After filming was done, I turned it into an omni and recorded ambient noise for the edit… works like a dream!
      HIGHLY RECCOMENDED to anyone looking at it.

-Chris

Inactive

Yes, I used the supplied mount… using the mic as an omni directional, the noise of my fingers on the camera is very noticable. When using the mic as a supercardiod, I had no problem. So when I need to go omni, I’ll have to think up something to kill the sound of my hand, ect…

Inactive

Thanks, Hank, I’ll put those two items on my "wishlist" for when I need them. Thanks for the info.

-Chris

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap