avioding dirty heads

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Im really against cleaning my heads, because of all the negetive things ive heard over the years. If at all possible i wouldnt mind never cleaning them as long as everything goes right.

I take a few precautions, 1 is i only use virgin tapes straight out of the plastic. 2 after i shoot, i take them out and play them back in a cheapy cam. Is there anything else i can do to protect my heads?

Lemme know what you do, if anything differently.

beeez
      nuutz

Inactive

Stick with one brand of tape. The physical/chemical properties vary between manufacturers. This difference can attract dust and cause drop-outs. It’s a lot of typing to tell the chemical reason, but the short story is the chemistry of the tape lubricant is different between brands which can create a reaction. This is the cause of many of the problems.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap