Avid Xpress Pro HD vs. Final Cut Pro HD

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Avid Xpress Pro HD vs. Final Cut Pro HD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

These seem to be the two top/industry standard editing programs. Which one is better? You decide and post your comments here.

Inactive

That is the question I have been trying to figure out! Am doing my research now….also, what are the drawbacks to OEM Software??? Is it legal? I have found Avid and Adobe programs on OEM and I had questiions about it. I may be doing some semi-pro work eventually and don’t want problems surfacing later. One other thing, what is the most up to date version of Premiere Pro? I have seen versions ranging from 1.0 and 1.5 all the way to 7.0….any info would be appreciated!!!!

Inactive

OEM means it’s not in retail packaging, instead it’s in a nylon.
      This packaging is for resellers who sell a turn-key solution and pre-install Avid on the system they sell, or for companies that package the product with their own product (like the Matrox editing card that come with adobe premiere pro 1.5 OEM).
      There is no difference in the software or the license to use it, the only difference is the packaging (and at some cases OEMs have no books)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap