Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Avid free trials?!?
- April 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM #46701
I got turned down for a pretty good job today because I know Final Cut and Vegas, but NOT Avid.
I’m thinking about teaching myself in case this comes up again. However there are no Avid Free Trials on the website. Sony and Adobe both have free trials. I’m wondering:
1. Why Avid doesn’t have any free trials?
2. If there’s somewhere I can go to get one?
3. If this is worth my time? This is actually the first job I remembercoming across that requires Avid knowledge.
- April 10, 2008 at 1:42 AM #192317AnonymousInactive
Avid used to have a download called Avid FreeDV. It was a basic version that was great for learning the UI of the Avid software. You can’t download it from Avid’s website anymore, but here’s link where you can get it:http://download.chip.eu/en/Avid-Free-DV-1.6.1_101934.html# It offers limited audio and video tracks, but it is good for learning.
Hope this helps.
- April 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM #192318
- May 21, 2008 at 7:02 PM #192319
Thanks again film814 or Jeremy!
I finally uploaded the Avid FreeDV and started learning it. It’s a lot like Final Cut Pro to me, butI like it a lot better.
- May 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM #192320
Just one problem…After I “drag n drop”, I can’t play what I’ve got in the timeline. Oh, well. I guess that’s what you get for free stuff.
- June 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM #192321AnonymousGuest
Hey Chris, I just want to tell you that I’ve been using Avid for the past three years and I think that there could never be any other editing software for me. I know a little of Premier Pro but it’s not as good as Avid. Vegas is too difficult; I tried learning it with the aid of Spotted Eagle’s book and I gave up. I would advise you to go ahead and buy Avid,and forget about the freebie.And ifyou do, I also recommend that youbuy this book also: “Editing with Avid Express Pro and Avid Express DV” It’s an Avid Educational Series Book. Avid is “it” in the professional world and if you’re serious about editing you must get Avid. Why do you think it costs so much?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.