Avid Express Pro

Vampyreking's picture
Hi Guys, I made my choice and purchased the Avid express Pro, but now I feel very stupid, does anybody now how can I play back my timeline on my computer screen (like in Final Cut or Premiere) and not directly on my camera?

I'm dying here and I have lookd all over the manual and I cannot find anything that tells me how to play back the F... timeline, the only think that I get when I press the play botton is to see the cursor moving and nothing happening but in the other hand on my camera everything is playing fine, I see the same thing on Premiere pro 1.5 ( I have this one too) but I can't make this happen on Avid Express....( I'm almost sending this software back)....Help...

Vampyre king

Frearfactory's picture
Hola
First thing I'll check will be the enable digital video out under special pulldown menu. Hope it helps you.
Keep me posted.

gwXtreme's picture
Looks like we have something in common. I purchased Avid Express Pro and also feel very stupid! I can use other editors fine but can't even do simple stuff in Avid Xpress Pro. I tried to send it back but videoguys.com said that I couldn't return it even though I was going exchange it for Premiere Pro 1.5. Good luck with Xpress Pro!

gwXtreme

DVine's picture
so while you are trying to play the sequence on the timeline, your camera is hooked up to the computer?

I am a bit confused.

sierranomad's picture
Vampreking:

I noticed that it took over 4 months to get your first reply.

Now, I enjoy this forum and have received some valuable help here. But I don't count on it for quick replies. When I need a quick reply I post on a Media Studio Pro forum (my editing software) and usually get an answer within a few hours. Perhaps there is an Avid Express forum that receives for traffic/users experienced with your software?

svhs's picture
I think they're as dead as they always were. Good source of information, yes, but that's all. On other forums discussions are lively, debates roll you can check it once a few minutes and you already got a reply, while here days and weeks will pass until someone reads your post.
There are a lot of professionals here, like Tom Scratch or my buddy compusolver, but they're probably too busy to see the rest of us common mortals :) when I was a n00b I was having a hard time understanding how this forum still works with an activity like this. Now I'm a regular and just don't care anymore.

DVine's picture
I don't think its just that everyone is too busy to deal with people. I think part of it is that we are all very diffrent and use diffrent things.

I haven't used half the equipment mentioned here, so i wait for a post i can professionally answer.

(I say professionally because i just got my degree..woohoo!)