Avid buys Pinnacle

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Avid bought Pinnacle Systems today.

Does this finally mean we can get decent software out of Pinnacle?

I hope so…

Inactive

Really?!? Can you post where you got that info from?

Thanks,

GwXtreme

Inactive

Wow. That’s a surprise. I wonder what will become of this. Maybe AVID will soon own the market on consumer video editing software if they combine the features of Xpress and Studio. AVID will be Adobes biggest competition in the PC market (well, then you got Sony and thier Vegas software, my personal software of choice).

Inactive

that’s amazing. I thought that Pinnacle was pretty well situated in the consumer market.

Inactive

Samuel Orcutt Wrote:

that’s amazing. I thought that Pinnacle was pretty well situated in the consumer market.

From what I know, Pinnacle Studio is the best selling consumer-level NLE.
      I hope this buyout will result in some sort of “empowering” Studio with strong features of Avid XpressDV πŸ™‚ and existing users (like myself) will get free upgrade :))

Participant

Hope this makes Pinnacle’s editing decent… right now it is… um… blah.

Premiere and Vegas’s small versions are so far past it isn’t even funny. Well, okay, maybe it is a little bit.

Comitar

Inactive

Avid Technology, Inc. and Pinnacle Systems, Inc. recently announced that Avid has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pinnacle in a cash and stock transaction. Under the terms of the agreement, Pinnacle shareholders will receive .0869 shares of Avid stock and $1.00 in cash for each Pinnacle share. The purchase price represents a 30% premium over Pinnacle’s closing stock price of $4.97 on March 18, 2005.

Following the closing, the parties expect that Pinnacle’s award-winning professional products – such as the MediaStream broadcast playout server and the Deko on-air graphics system – will enhance Avid’s end-to-end broadcast production pipeline, which has helped Avid become a global leader in that industry. In addition, Pinnacle’s consumer video business – which to date has shipped more than 10 million units – will form the basis for a new consumer video division at Avid, providing the company with an immediate avenue into that segment.

Participant

Hopefully Avid stuff will go into Pinnacle. Pinnacle’s Consumer stuff has potential… but it is tooo buggy for any heavy use.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap