AVID

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Looking through this forum it seems as if everyone is using Adobe Premiere and suggesting it to other people. However, I always thought Avid was the leading editing software for professionals in film and television. Am I wrong or am I right? What are the differences between the 2? I use premiere at home and Avid at school. I also believe I saw Avid Editing being used in the bonus footage of Spider-Man 2. A Response would be awesome, Thanks.

-Brett

Inactive

Hey Guys!

I currently have a gig of ram and Avid said I wold need at least 1.5 gb to edit in real time. Does know anything about this?

Participant

I use AVID and Final Cut. I like using both editing programs. Which one is better really depends on what it is you are trying to do and what type of project your working on.

Participant

Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Discreet (fire and smoke) systems are what most professionals are using. Premiere lacks in high end hardware support as well as high end formats such as dv50 and uncompressed formats. If you are looking to enter the professional market consider using one of the systems. The school i go to recently decided to abandon premiere due to lack of industry support. It will be replaced by final cut pro systems.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap