AVI file playback

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I agree with compusolver. Most upper end NLEs allow you to preview to an external monitor. You can usually use a DV deck or in my case my canopus deck to connect to a TV to preview/play back what you’re editing. This is EXTREMELY helpful cause so many colors look different on a standard TV versus your computer monitor (such as text). Also it helps for you to get an idea of where your graphics lie on the screen in relation to the safe grid that your NLE uses

Inactive

I have successfully created AVI file from miniDV using Pinnacle studio 10 plus titanium. Playing back the AVI file on my computer screen shows rather poor picture with subdued colors. My monitor has higher resolution and has generally better specs than the TV, but playing the same miniDV tape via camcorder on a TV shows beautiful colors and a sharp image. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.

Inactive

You’d be suprised how different your monitor can look from an NTSC TV. I’ve got an exceptional monitor myself, but even on it, the colors don’t appear as vivid.

Dump the video back onto a different miniDV tape and watch it on your television through the camera. If th colors look fine, it’s just a case of yur monitor being different from TV.

A quick fix I’ve done is to crank up the brightness and contrast on my monitor. It makes computer programs look almost cartoonish, but video is a lot close to what it should look like.

The other option is to get a video card with a TV output, and plug your television into that. I had such a setup, but my old video card fried. Next time I have a couple hundred bucks lying around, I’m going back to that.

Inactive

Thanks Jim.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap