AVCHD with Ulead 11.5

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am using Ulead Studio 11.5. It was working fine, we would video tape our church service onto a VHS tape, I would use a capture device and then plug it into the Ulead program and edit with overlays and text. We started using a Panasonic AGHMC 70P with AVCHD onto a 16 gb pg sdhc card. I can captureoff the card but when I putthe video file into the timeline it will run slow and/or freeze. I have tried to change the settings for HD but cannot get the file to run in the time line so I can edit it. It will run in the library but not the timeline.

Now when I am using the old video camera/VHS tapethe program will work but will take over 10 hours to burn an hour DVD.

NOTE: Working on a HP Pavillon/triple coreprocessor with 2 or 3 gigs of ram. My graphics card is reading a score of 3 (windows vista)….can this have anything to do with this problem?

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

Have you visited Corel (uLead) to see if there are any updates available for your software? I would give that a try first.

Also,my experience with AVCHD is that because of it’s compression factor it is very CPU intensive to decode and display realtime in your editor. If updating your PC is an issue, there are several format converters out there that you can use to change your files to a more standard format that will make your editing easier.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.