avchd need to convert ,which file is best

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

I am new to video editing , and a bit confused already .

I bought a avchd camcorder canon hf 200 , but my computer is to slow to edit , will buy a new computer later on , but I know now that it needs to be a fast one , so need to safe some money first

meanwhile I need still to work with what I have , so I guess the only solution is to convert the files

My questions are : which files are best to use without loosing quality , and which program to use to convert them

for computer , will any quad core do the job , or does it need to be the i7, for non professional use

thanks already William

Inactive

get what you can afford, quad cores will do fine as long as you have a good amount of RAM as well. Depending on what NLE Software you use, the video card may not matter in the end as some like Sony Vegas does not use the GPU for rendering.

John

Participant

If you want only to trim and merge AVCHD on a slow computer, you’d try Smart Cutter for DV and DVB.

It is aFrame Accuratevideo editor. Especially, only small parts on start and end points will be re-encoded, the middle part will remain untouched. This gives highest speed while reserving highest video quality. It is just ‘smart rendering’.

You can even process HD H.264 on a pentium 1G computer with this.

Participant

I use AVCHD Upshift from VASST/New Blue FX. It converts MTS files to M2T files which my Pentium 4 2.53GHz with 1GB RAM edits fine.

Participant

I use this Mod converter to convert avchd camcorder canon files to AVI, MPG, MPEG WMV, ASF, MP4, FLV, SWF, 3GP, MOV, M4V, XviD, VOB(DVD format), MKV, MP3, WMA, etc Video Audio files. It is not bad…

Participant

“My questions are : which files are best to use without loosing quality , and which program to use to convert them”

The only way I know to convert the AVCHD files to a “more editable” format is converting the files to MPEG-2or the MPEG-2 TS (transport stream) format. DV-AVI is standard definition only, where the “DV vs. HDV” term is used to express. As far as it goes for the best ease of editing with HD, editing with MPEG-2 is probably your best bet. Standard-defusers (those who are used to editing DV-AVI) like to classify MPEG-2 as too highly compressed to edit, which in some regards they are correct. HD MPEG-2 will, however, provide you a better ease than editing the AVCHD content as it is.

AVS Video Converter – http://www.avsmedia.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

Participant

http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/ for a free converter. No contest-simply the best

Inactive

U can convert the avchd files to many file formats for further editting, such as convert avchd to MOV, MPEG-4, DV, M4V, FLV, AVI, WMV, MPG, etc.

Participant

you can try final mate to trandfer videos to any format you want.especially when converted to MKV, this software can work in ahigh speed without lossless which means you can keep quandom quality of your video.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap