AVCHD Equipment requirements

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

New to AVCHD What spec video card is required for AVCHD. I understand Pinnacle 11 will work with this format.

Participant

AVCHD is a compression format so you are looking more at processor and RAM requirements when dealing with it. Look at the requirements for your software when dealing with HD video. Understand that most times they are listing “minimum requirements” so lookto see if they postsomething under”recommended requirements”. As far as video cards go (as well as other hardware),you might want to look at using a better”next model up”then stated to give yourself some headroom.

Inactive

I’m looking at purchasing a Canon HF 200 and using either Adobe Premiere CS4 or just Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 as the edit system. The spec sheet says I need a duo-core 3ghz processor for editing but I’ve seen reviews where the editors used duocore 2.8ghz processors. I realize faster is better but I was wondering what computers had been purchased for editing AVCHD. Is there an off-the-shelf Best Buy solution or do I go with something else?

Inactive

My advice is to come up with the specs you want and have it custom built. this way, you know what components you have in the box and what software will be there… I always have my boxes custom built to avoid all the bloatware that companies put on those store bought boxes. You could probably do it yourself as well, could save a lot of money that way.

John

Inactive

Thanks. I’ll paw around and see what happens.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap