AVCHD Editor wanted

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi

I am a wedding videographer based out of NJ and need to get my videos edited.

I shoot in 1080iHD and can send the footage in memory cards. You would need to edit them and send them back to me on a dvd and the same card.

My format is AVCHD. You will need the latest version software that supports AVCHD
      ( cs4, vegas 9, pinnacle 12 etc)

Please reply with your hardware / software setup, rate and if possible links to your work.

Thanks
      Abhra
      abhram@gmail.com

Participant

Just a suggestion.

I don’t know if you just don’t want to do the editing yourself or if you are having problems editing AVCHD.

If it’s the latter, there are products (I use Upshift from VASST/New Blue FX – something like $40) that will convert MTS files to lightly compressed M2T files, so your editor can use them without lag.

Inactive

I think you just want them converted. Editing would be a final production. Like birdcat said, just find a way to convert them to a more manageable format and use a free/older version editor.

But if you actually wanted them edited into a final production, I’m sure there are tons of desperado wedding videographers out there getting ready to go out of biz that will take your money….with relish.

Inactive

I think a bit of both. I just moved to AVCHD but looks like I have more or less figured out that part. I was just hoping to get out more and run after business than sit in front of the computer you know. But i would still buy that Upshift, so thanks for that.

Inactive

You could probably sub-contract out the whole shabang to a desperate wedding videographer these days and not lift a finger

Participant

Subcontracting out is an option but if someone is going to put their name on it and their reputation behind it, I would think they would at least want to record it themselves – If there is a problem with the editing, you could throw it out and start over with someone else – At least you are guaranteeing the source material.

Not all wedding video producers are “desperate wedding videographer(s)” as there are many who may be placed in a more tenable category than perennially acerbic zoobie tends to imply. I really do not understand zoobie’s tendency to almost always use negative-sounding responses in most post replies on the Videomaker forums.

Many in the video production field elect to focus entirely on offering editing services, making this their business model rather than opting for being all things (like me) and including shooting, editing and producing video. There are plenty of non-desperate professionals who prefer to shoot only, edit only, or even produce/package with quality graphic design and mass production capabilities in limited quantities more affordable and practical to independent video services providers opting for sub-contract arrangements.

It is a personal insult, as well as industry-wide insult, to lump people open to offering editing and other specific services into a “desperate wedding videographer” category when many have developed a solid business model that incorporates wedding and event video production alongside a valid duplication, editing or other side to their business.

While this does not address your desires and needs by specifically offering contacts with whom you can negotiate services, I felt a need to point out that desperation isn’t a significant factor in finding them. And, while I personally do not focus on Craig’s List or other similar forums for acquiring the business I pursue, I realize that in spite of the “desperation” factor many postings there and on the Knot and other places would tend to imply, not all are such.

Use some respect, zoobie, when referring to people in the video industry who maybe do not always climb to the heights to which you aspire, or belong in an elite category in which perhaps you have placed yourself in a moment of misguided narcissism.

Participant

EarlC – “perennially acerbic” – I love it! Your posts always send me to my dictionary and expand my vocabulary.

• Viewing 7 reply threads

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
    homicide-bootstrap