Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Production Gear › Auto Tracking Tripod / Tripod Head?
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM #44420AnonymousInactive
I’m a newbie, so this may be a stupid question. However, years ago I saw a tripod that had an electronic head that would track a person wearing a clip-on tracking device in front of the camera. As the presenter moved, the camera would follow him.
Tis would be great for when I’m alone but want a more dynamic shot as I shoot field reports.
Do these tripods still exist? I haven’t had any luck trying to find one. Thx.
- April 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM #186048AnonymousInactive
This is the only one I’ve seen but it looks a bit untested and clunky -> http://www.21best.com/21_best/electronic/security/video/pan_tilt/Follows-you-automatic-pan-head.html#top
- April 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM #186049Grinner HesterParticipant
Motion control rigs like Milo are the norm. Not cheap but the power is in the camera move file. You can import that into your 3D app and match motion with just a click.
- April 30, 2011 at 12:24 AM #186050D0nParticipant
if you are inventive there are some guys at “hackaday.com” that are having fun with robotic paintball guns with micro controller and kinect targeting systems…..
you can program a computer to track and send signals to a servo mount system….
not easy, though.
you are better off going with the “Go pro on a stick” method..(search these forums….)
- March 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM #206648
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.