Authoring of DVD

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Does anybody know if it’s possible to make a DVD, which you can play in DVD player and watch video and that same DVD to have multimedia presentation (flash presentation) when inserted in computer…

In other words can we create a hybrid DVD for players and computers. When DVD is inserted in player you would watch video and when you insert DVD in computer you can see flash presentation?

You know what I mean

thanks,
      shaki

Participant

Most computers these days have dvd players built in. Why does it need to be a flash presentation when inserted into the computer?

I know I’ve had audio cd’s in the past that have had multi-media on them as well. I would be surprised if it’s not possible, but I don’t know what program would be capable of pulling it off.

Participant

moglepro Wrote:

Most computers these days have dvd players built in. Why does it need to be a flash presentation when inserted into the computer?

I know I’ve had audio cd’s in the past that have had multi-media on them as well. I would be surprised if it’s not possible, but I don’t know what program would be capable of pulling it off.

Final flash presentation will be .exe file with external .swf files loading inside main .exe
    So, idea is to have a DVD when you insert in player, you watch it just as any other DVD movie and when you insert that same DVD into computer, autorun will start .exe file…?

Participant

Sounds like a plan, but what program will allow you to burn an .exe file along-side a dvd disc image? Probably my only worry would be your dvd player not reading the disc because of the .exe file extension. If I were you I would probably include a separate bonus cd-rom disc with computer made content on it.

Participant

moglepro Wrote:

Sounds like a plan, but what program will allow you to burn an .exe file along-side a dvd disc image? Probably my only worry would be your dvd player not reading the disc because of the .exe file extension. If I were you I would probably include a separate bonus cd-rom disc with computer made content on it.

So, the only option is when authoring a new DVD to to add additional files, which are user can view only when DVD is inserted into computer…?

Inactive

I’ve been meaning to try this on my mac:
    using quicktime to embed a url href tag into a video clip.
    using the tagged clip in the menu on an idvd menu.
    adding the referenced html file with the video, and other "web 2.0" content to a data file that is included on the dvd.

that would in theory, add interactive web content to a standard dvd…with the limitation of only being able to access it from within a computer’s dvd drive.

Participant

I guess it matters whether you want to have the flash presentation actually on the disc, or some kind of tagged link to the presentation on the web. I’m thinking you should be able to create buttons in the dvd menu that could go to a website when clicked.

• Viewing 6 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap