Authoring a DVD so it can play on Blu~ray players

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Authoring a DVD so it can play on Blu~ray players

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I need t know how to make dvd’s so they are compatiable with blue~ray players without using a blue~ray burner. is this possiable? Thanks in advance.

Participant

I believe all Blueray players are reverse compatable allowing them to play DVDs. If you can make a DVD that will play on a DVD player is will also play in standard DVD quality on a Blueray player.

Participant

CMack, as iankinnz said most blu-ray players can upconvert standard definition DVDs to play on HD tv’s giving very good results. I have in the past used my Sony Movie Studio software(later models only) to burn HD files to standard DVDs that will only play in Blu-ray players or PS3 consoles giving true HD images on TV screen. My computer only had a standard DVD burner installed. I didn’t have the option to add menu, etc. I have since added a Blu-ray burner and burn to Blu-ray discs now which have much larger capacity and I have the ability to add menu.  

Inactive

@iankinnz & Vid-e-o-man Thanks for the info. I have made many standard dvds that play with no problem on older & newer dvd players, but none of them will play on my Blu-ray player…I just recently got a dvd of my daughters Christmas Play on standard dvd which plays fine inmy Blu-ray player. I dont know if i am missing a setting or what; so back to the editing station i go.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap