Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Audio waveform disappeared in CS3 sequences
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
January 11, 2010 at 4:43 PM #45850AnonymousInactive
Exported 5 sequences last week to .wmv and now edits need to be done. When I open the sequences I exported, the audio time-line does not display the waveform that was there prior and no sound is heard. I do not believe this is an export setting that caused this as it is the same export settings I’ve always used in the past for .wmv files.
However, any sequences that are still in the project that were not exported have no audio problems at all. Audio is not disabled and all audio hardware is functioning as it should. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
January 11, 2010 at 8:02 PM #189785BruceMolParticipant
the only thing I can think of that would cause that is if your audio files have moved since you created the sequence. But even that doesn’t ring 100% likely because you would get the warning that your media is no longer there.
So lets be definite here:
Are you saying that by rendering a sequence with audio, to .wmv you have produced both a wmv without audio AND removed the audio from the sequence?
January 12, 2010 at 3:34 AM #189786SafetyManParticipant
I had a similar issue happen, also in CS3. I never found a solution for it other than to reinsert the audio track. In my situation, I had encoded the video from Mini DV into AVI and had begun doing some rough edits. I would save the .PRPRJ file, and come back to it the next day only to find out that there was no audio. There was a block where the audio file should have been, but the audio track for the video segment had disappeared.
The only work around that I could find was to revert back to an older copy of the .PRPRJ file that I had and redo the edits I had made saving frequently as a different filename. For me it is an intermittent problem, the worst to diagnose!
January 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM #189787AnonymousInactive
Thanks for the response, Bruce. No, the .WMV file does have audio. That’s the weirdest part…but also evidence of the fact that was audio present in the sequence at the time of export.
After closing out of the sequence/entire project over the weekend, I come back in on Monday to find my audio flatlined in the project. I also want to point out that no other edits were made after the export was complete. CS3 was shut down in it’s entirety.
I feel like I’m going to have to head down of recreating all the sequences from scratch. UHG!!!
January 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM #189788BruceMolParticipant
Sounds pretty weird! Another – remote – possibility is that you didn’t click save on closing.
BEFORE you go re-creating make sure you check the versions that are auto saved in those folder PPro makes for every project. I’ve recovered almost full versions of sequences from that stockpile when I made a major boo-boo. Hmm, I don’t think that was quite the word I used at the time…
Before trying another of your ‘good’ sequences, try a mock sequence to see if it does it again. If it does, try exporting just the audio of a mock sequence to see if you can isolate the problem to the audio line part of the program. If you always get a failure you may need to ‘repair’ (reinstall) and/or log an event with Adobe.
The only other piece of advice I have is a bit of a non sequitur. I had some really weird stuff happen to my files, while rendering, when I had RAM failures. It took me days to figure that out.
- The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.