audio solution

owen d's picture

I have just done my first paid wedding usinga sony hvr z1, however because i only used the onboard mic the audio was terrible. having aknowledge of photography, i was fine with the visual side of things but i really have no knowledge of audio and i can't seem to find any information for an audio newbie like me. i have another wedding in 2 weeks and i have the option of using a wireless lav, but to be honest i'm terrified of losing audio altogether or only picking up the bride and/or groom and not thecelebrant etc. also, i am a single operator so i need an audio method that is simple and mobile enough for me to use on my own. any suggestions? (and don't say 'stills')

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Zoom H2. Great audio recording. about the size of a pack of cigarettes. records to SD cards. You will want to practice with it before you use it on a job.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/480163-REG/Zoom_H2_H2_Ultra_Portable_Digital_Audio.html

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

owen d's picture

excuse my ignorance but how do you sync this to camera?

Tunguy's picture

Hi,

Can one have a line from a wireless pickup(from a lav) to the H2 as well as recording from the H2's mike(ie two tracks)?

birdcat's picture

You could also use a digital voice recorder and mic the groom, recording separately from the camera's mic (gives you two sources for audio) - then cut that audio in in post.

I have done this and it works really well.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com