Audio Ripping

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m new to this forum as well as audio/visual skills. I have a DVD that is a recording of a church service. I’d like to copy just the audio off the DVD to a mp3 file on my computer into iTunes to place on my iPod. Any ideas? Thanks

Participant

If you have a non-linear editor, just copy the .VOB files from the DVD to the PC and rename them with the extension .MPG (VOB files are MPEG-2 files). Then, in your NLE drag the audio portion of the MPG file to the timeline, do any audio corretion/sweetening and render out as MP3. That’s how I do it in Vegas so I would have to assume most other NLE’s have a similar workflow.

Participant

You no need to use DVD Audio Ripper,a DVD ripper not only can rip audio from DVDs,but also can rip video from DVDs. Cucusoft Ultimate DVD Converter converts DVD’s to play on almost any
      portable device including iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano,
      Zune, PSP, video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones,
      Pocket P.C., and so on. Meanwhile, it can also support output almost
      any audio/video format including Video format(H264, MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV,
      RM, 3GP, flv, SWF, mpeg-1, mpeg-2, VideoCD, SuperVideoCD, DVD, etc) and
      Audio format(AC3, AAC, MP2, MP3, MP4, RA, WMA, etc.). AlsoDVD to MP3/WAV ripper, can extract sound tracks from DVDs and save them as MP3 or WAV format.

Participant

just copy the .VOB files from the DVD to the PC and rename them with the extension .MPG (VOB files are MPEG-2 files)

Unfortunately, this method hasn’t worked out quite well in the same way I’ve heard it from other people. Having tested one DVD disc (I usually perform more rocket science with tests like this), there is only one VOB file on the disk whichgives the intro/copyright. I’m able to “import” video from DVD discs, but with only one option of importing the entire thing – I cannot import individual scenes or chapters. If there’s a better workaround with use of this method, then I’d be glad to hear about it. Maybe it’s different with some DVD discs – must have not checked out that possibility.

Participant

XTR –

That’s why I said to use an NLE – I have done this dozens of times and just trim the audio to the exact length needed with fadeins, fadeouts, sound FX, etc… I can also do some audio cleanup/sweetening (Vegas excels at that) as well as blending just the portions I want.

Participant

You say ” Copy”, it is not copy, but ” rip” DVD audio ripper can do it properly. You can try OJOsoft DVD Audio Ripper. It can rip your DVD and convert it to MP3 format, then you can put it into your iPod.

Participant

“That’s why I said to use an NLE – I have done this dozens of times and just trim the audio to the exact length needed with fadeins, fadeouts, sound FX, etc… I can also do some audio cleanup/sweetening (Vegas excels at that) as well as blending just the portions I want.”

The software which I attempted importing VOB files was Sony Vegas Pro 9 trial version. The DVD might have some sort of copy protection which prevents me from importing. You’re probably right about the part of being able to import from most DVDsusing the importation tools of most NLEs. Just to note, could not get it to work with the DVD-Video disc, the Million Dollar Duck. I haven’t checked anything else out, though.

Participant

XTR –

Sorry – This probably won’t work for commercial, copy protected DVD’s – Since the original post was asking about the audio from a recorded church service, I suggested this method – I too have had problems copying audio or video from commercial DVD’s (not all but most). In this case, there are rippers that will grab the entire contents and put it into a video wrapper that can be used in your NLE.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap