Audio problem with HVR-A1U Camcorder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Recently I rent a Sony HVR-A1U camcorder, but I had a problem with the audio. When I play it back in my computer the footage has a low audio volume
      and the voices of the actors can be barely heard. I use the XLR microphone (ECM-NV1) and the REC CH was in CH1 CH2. Input Level: Mic. I didn’t use any cassette, I record directly to a computer with a 4 pin firewire cable and I used the Video Capture of Sony Vegas Pro 8. I had my headphones at all time and
      the audio seems to be heard clearly so I thought it was fine. I always put the headphones in my computer when I record with the video capture program and I
      had done it this way with success many times, but this time, well I really don’t know what happen. Any suggestion for this problem will be appreciated.

Inactive

Hi Sarge, we hire out A1s and they are a little difficult to set up for audio as they use the external XLR shoe, if the settings are not set or the inputs wrongly set you will end up with no sound or very little sound, I would imagine the audio settings on the shoe were not correct a common mistake is the settings for the type of mic powered or non powered etc.

You could boost the levels in the edit as a fix but this may not prove to great it all depends how much you captured in the first case.

If it helps here is our video camera hire pagesyou will find at the bottom many tips re audio they may help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap