Audio point adjustment and 4:3 view on monitor help needed

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Audio point adjustment and 4:3 view on monitor help needed

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

1. When making only the keyframes and name only appear on an audio file, and then placing a point on the line, and then another point, how do you adjust these so if you want the volume to be raised and then to slowly come down, and then to be raised again? I am using adobe premiere pro 6.5 This was a very easy thing to do on premiere 6.0, but I can’t figure it out here.

2. I filmed my movie in 4:3, but I started the project as widescreen 16:9. I have edited the same footage before and when I exported it after adding a letterbox, it was fine…16:9, widescreen. But it does not appear this way on the timeline, it shows 4:3 with the black bars on the left and right sides. Is there anyway to change the view so that when I’m editing I see how it’ll look after I export it?

Thanks

– Ken

Participant

To question 2, I’ve had this issue in Final Cut when editing both 16:9 and 4:3. What I did was change my timeline settings to a 4:3 timeline rather than a 16:9. That way when you see the 16:9 footage on the 4:3 timeline, it looks like letter boxed 4:3 footage. Then ad the letterbox matte to the 4:3 footage to make it match up with the 16:9, which like I said, will already look like letter boxed 4:3.

After doing that, I had to resize the “aspect” of each clip to fit the frame too. I’m not sure if you will have to do that in Adobe Premier, or if it will be the sameparameterthat needs to be adjusted.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap