Audio Input Through A/V Port

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a JVC MG-155Uhard disk camcorder with an A/V port thatcan switch between input and output. When a cable is connectedto A/Vwhile Analog Input is enabled, the camera attempts to getinput (audio and video) through the A/V source.

What I want to do is get audio inputthrough an external microphone while recording video through the camera.Unfortunately, my camcorder does not have a microphone jack. Are there any cables or special attachments that allow me to receive only audio through A/V?

Participant

I doubt it, but most microphones use XLR connections. So you’d look for an XLR to RCA adapter.

Participant

Thanx for the info, but I don’t think an XLR to RCA converter alone will help.

My camera does not have an RCA jack, so I’ll need something that will convert A/V to RCA that will also allow the camcorder to recordvideowhile recording audio from an external source.

Participant

Any other suggestions?

Participant

Yes, buy a cam with a XLR Audio Input and be done with it

Participant

could of figured that out myself.

I guess all I’m looking for is an A/V to RCA converter, but I’m not quite sure that this will allow recording camera video with external audio.

** Thank you all for your help.

hi, i,m new to this game so please bare with me. i have a jvc gr dv700e which i am looking for a an external microphone. any advice please

Are you series they already bought a camera there not going to just buy another one

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap