Audio Input Through A/V Port

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      XTR-91
      Participant

I have a JVC MG-155Uhard disk camcorder with an A/V port thatcan switch between input and output. When a cable is connectedto A/Vwhile Analog Input is enabled, the camera attempts to getinput (audio and video) through the A/V source.

What I want to do is get audio inputthrough an external microphone while recording video through the camera.Unfortunately, my camcorder does not have a microphone jack. Are there any cables or special attachments that allow me to receive only audio through A/V?

Rob
      Participant

I doubt it, but most microphones use XLR connections. So you’d look for an XLR to RCA adapter.

XTR-91
      Participant

Thanx for the info, but I don’t think an XLR to RCA converter alone will help.

My camera does not have an RCA jack, so I’ll need something that will convert A/V to RCA that will also allow the camcorder to recordvideowhile recording audio from an external source.

XTR-91
      Participant

Any other suggestions?

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

Yes, buy a cam with a XLR Audio Input and be done with it

XTR-91
      Participant

could of figured that out myself.

I guess all I’m looking for is an A/V to RCA converter, but I’m not quite sure that this will allow recording camera video with external audio.

** Thank you all for your help.

peter watson

hi, i,m new to this game so please bare with me. i have a jvc gr dv700e which i am looking for a an external microphone. any advice please

notwacob

Are you series they already bought a camera there not going to just buy another one

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN