Audio Appears (only)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Before I had my pc formatted, I used to edit some .avi video, now whenever I try putting them on the timeline, only the audio from that video is shown and plays. I have runthis by another website and all they were able to tell me it’s something to do with my codecs. I have used ‘GSpot’ and it says I have all the necessary codecs needed for the video. One user I have met on an other site also mentioned that it maybe to do with the order I had the codecs, program, etc installed. Needless to say, all of may efforts have failed…miseralby and I am hoping strongly that you guys will be able to help me. Thanks in advance! ^^

BTW, I use version 6.0.

Inactive

does the video track show clips (thumbnails) on the timeline, but you don’t see the video in preview?

Inactive

no. it doesnt egister to video at all. even when i have just imported it, it doesnt even show the thumbnail, then.

Inactive

try resetting vegas by holding ctrl + shift and starting vegas to see if it corrects the issue. sounds likea 3rd party codec has gummed up the works

Inactive

Tried it…it didnt work.. :(…I’m getting rly annoyed with it now…If no-one elsecan help me, I thin kI’m just going to have to find another program. (Sony wouldn’t help me because ‘They don’t fully support the codec’..gits…

Inactive

what version of 6are you using? make sure that it was the last build put out before 7 was issued which i think was version 6.0d build 218 (i think). what type of file are you having the problem with? is it mpeg, divx, avi, what type of avi…. the only other thing you can do, if itworked before on the same file type, uninstall and reinstall the program. something somewhere has hosed up your ability to see those particularvideo files. I am sorry you are having issues with this, and yes, if it’s not a codec that Sony included with the program, then they cannot help you, it’s 3rd party software that you have the problem with.

Inactive

If you are moving media in from the trimmer make sure Select Video and Audio is selected on the right-mouse selection menu. (Right click in the trimmer and select that)

Jeremy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap