Audio & video into laptop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m still in the “practice” stage of shooting a music instructional video. My $189.00 Samson mixer is sending the audio ( 4 inputs ) into the 1/8″ mic jack of the Panasonic PV910 mini-DV camcorder. The video from the camera & audio going into the mic jack are coming out of the firewire of the camera & into my Sony Vaio FS550 laptop. It seems to be working out so far. Is there any advantage to try to send the audio directly to the laptop ? Is there an interface that accepts the firewire AND two 1/4 ” audio outs from my mixer ? Will this sync up OK in my laptop ? I’m just using Windows Movie Maker to capture the video/audio. I will NOT be doing any editing…just capturing 3 to 8 min. video segments, transfering each segment to an external hard drive, & handing it over to a friend to edit.Each time I finish a segment, I will transfer it out of the laptop.

Participant

If you did put the audio into the laptop as a FILE/wav or mp3, then you could process the audio >> clean/edit/ compress, using an audio software. But then you would have to sync it back up with the video.

If you send it straight to Movie Maker as a source, its basically the same thing you’re doing now.

You can get adapters to go from your mixer to the laptop line in. You could produce a bit of a stereo field if that mixer has a l/r balance and you’re using several mics.

Sounds like your end use is simple, so therefore I would recommend that you keep the entire setup simple. Stick with the way you’re doing it.

Inactive

If you did put the audio into the laptop as a FILE/wav or mp3, then you could process the audio >> clean/edit/ compress, using an audio software. But then you would have to sync it back up with the video. If you send it straight to Movie Maker as a source, its basically the same thing you’re doing now. You can get adapters to go from your mixer to the laptop line in. You could produce a bit of a stereo field if that mixer has a l/r balance and you’re using several mics. Sounds like your end use is simple, so therefore I would recommend that you keep the entire setup simple. Stick with the way you’re doing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanx, Kimchoc.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap