Audio & video into laptop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m still in the “practice” stage of shooting a music instructional video. My $189.00 Samson mixer is sending the audio ( 4 inputs ) into the 1/8″ mic jack of the Panasonic PV910 mini-DV camcorder. The video from the camera & audio going into the mic jack are coming out of the firewire of the camera & into my Sony Vaio FS550 laptop. It seems to be working out so far. Is there any advantage to try to send the audio directly to the laptop ? Is there an interface that accepts the firewire AND two 1/4 ” audio outs from my mixer ? Will this sync up OK in my laptop ? I’m just using Windows Movie Maker to capture the video/audio. I will NOT be doing any editing…just capturing 3 to 8 min. video segments, transfering each segment to an external hard drive, & handing it over to a friend to edit.Each time I finish a segment, I will transfer it out of the laptop.

Participant

If you did put the audio into the laptop as a FILE/wav or mp3, then you could process the audio >> clean/edit/ compress, using an audio software. But then you would have to sync it back up with the video.

If you send it straight to Movie Maker as a source, its basically the same thing you’re doing now.

You can get adapters to go from your mixer to the laptop line in. You could produce a bit of a stereo field if that mixer has a l/r balance and you’re using several mics.

Sounds like your end use is simple, so therefore I would recommend that you keep the entire setup simple. Stick with the way you’re doing it.

Inactive

If you did put the audio into the laptop as a FILE/wav or mp3, then you could process the audio >> clean/edit/ compress, using an audio software. But then you would have to sync it back up with the video. If you send it straight to Movie Maker as a source, its basically the same thing you’re doing now. You can get adapters to go from your mixer to the laptop line in. You could produce a bit of a stereo field if that mixer has a l/r balance and you’re using several mics. Sounds like your end use is simple, so therefore I would recommend that you keep the entire setup simple. Stick with the way you’re doing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanx, Kimchoc.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap