Audience Sound Effects – responses to preachers,etc.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Audience Sound Effects – responses to preachers,etc.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m working on a small project for a church.

I need to find some inexpensive or free sound effects. The type effects I’m looking for are responses to the speaker a speaker.

The videos will be staged productions without live audiences.

Effectively,I need to simulate reponses from a small to medium size crowd/audience to things spoken by the speaker.

Some examples… Reverentapplause, someoccassional Amens, some occassional Yes, some reverent laughter. The kind of stuff you would hear when you listen toreligiousspeaker.

I spent half the morning on this, and foundalot of laughter and clapping. None of theeffectsI’ve found seem to relate to the kinds of audience I addressing.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Participant

Ahh, i went through my library to see if I could find something, but they sound kinda weird…like it wouldn’t fit.

I did however find cowboys cheering and shooting off guns. I know you wouldn’t use that but i pictured what the end result would be if you did and i laughed pretty hard.

Maybe you could go to a church and just record the crowd. That might be hard if the priest keeps talking while the crowd is getting psyched though.

Good Luck

Participant

http://www.soundsnap.com

Works great,they even have bits of music you can put together to make your own songs. Just mention soundsnap in your credits and you’re good to go.

Have Fun! Chris

Participant

>>>>”I did however find cowboys cheering and shooting off guns……i pictured what the end result wouldbe….and i laughed pretty hard.”

LOL…me too.

Participant

Thanks Chris for the link.

Lot’s of free sound bits, even if they don’t target what I’m trying to do.

Thanks

Participant

I suspect the thing you could do, is do it yourself if you have plenty of time and a multitrack of some sort. You need top record some people with different voices, doing the phrases and noises you suggested. get maybe 4 female and 4 males, anyone will do. Record each one with them doing a low voice, mid voice, high voice, loose throat, tight throat – basically as many styles as they can do. You then start to combine them. If your editor lets you pitch shift and stretch, do very small shifts, no more than a tone, probably less and subtle stretches and shortenings. You can easily get to 30-40 different voices. Pan them, a touch of reverb and it sounds great. I started doing this kind of thing in the seventies when we did a series of live audio CDs from pubs – the real audience tracks sounded rubbish, so we made a few of our own and added them, eventually using just our ‘pub noises’. You also need to record background – people make a lot of noise even when they are not speaking.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap