Assistant Contract I Made (Sharing with all)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I ended up getting my first wedding shoot this weekend (That I have complete control over the shooting and editing) I needed help with cameras and my kids were too shy so I have to sub-contract out the work. Sunday morning I registered my business with the state and later today I do with the county so I am legit now. Since I had to sub-contract out the work I needed a contract but could not find a template. I made this contract up this morning and thought I would share it in case anyone else may have a need. If you choose to make use of it you will have to change the name of the company and anything else that may need changing for your needs.

For some reason it will not let me copy and paste from word to here so I will copy and paste from notepad, so the formatting will not come through.

Sub-Contract Production Assistant Contract

This contract for services to assist in the production of a video is signed this day of ______________; ____________; 20___.
      Between _____________________; (Hereafter known as Assistant/You); and Tasana Studios.

1) As the Assistant in the production of this video YOU understand and agree that a contract for services has been signed between Tasana Studios and its Client to obtain certain video/photo/audio information and that YOU agree to abide within the guidelines that were set forth to obtain that information.
      2) YOU further agree and understand that any loss of any video/photo/audio information that can be directly attributed to action of lack of action on YOUR part will result in loss of monies for Tasana Studios.
      3) YOU also agree and understand that a loss of video/photo/audio information that is directly related to action or lack of action on YOUR part will result in decreased payment to YOU if any, depending on the severity of the loss.
      4) YOU agree and understand that in order for Tasana Studios to fulfill the terms of its contract with its Client that YOU will follow and abide by the direction set out by the director of the video production.
      5) YOU also agree and understand that the terms of YOUR work for Tasana Studios is a sub-contractor and that YOU are responsible for any and all income taxes due for any work YOU perform for Tasana Studios.
      6) YOU also understand and agree that Tasana Studios will provide YOU with a 1099 at years end and that all monies paid out to all Assistants will be reported on the tax filings of Tasana Studios.
      7) YOU also understand and agree that any and all video/audio/photo footage that YOU obtained while working on a video production of any kind for Tasana Studios regardless of the equipment used belongs to Tasana Studios and Tasana Studios will retain the copyright on all said works indefinitely.
      8) YOU also understand and agree that as a sub-contract assistant if YOU choose to use YOUR own equipment and said equipment should be lost, stolen or damaged that YOU will not hold Tasana Studios responsible for any and all such occurrences.
      9) YOU also agree and understand that any video/audio/photo footage that YOU obtain while in the terms of this contract YOU will release all said footage to Tasana Studios within 8 hours of its being obtained.
      10) YOU also agree and understand that YOU may not keep copies of any video/audio/photo footage obtained by YOU while held within the terms of this contract.
      11) YOU also agree to and understand that all conversations between YOU and any production staff is to be held in confidence this would include the productions, techniques and intellectual trade secrets and any and all information related to a production of Tasana Studios.
      12) YOU also agree to and understand that if equipment that belongs to Tasana Studios is damaged while in your care that can be attributed to actions on YOUR part of lack of action on YOUR part that YOU will replace said equipment at YOUR own expense.
      13) YOU also agree to and understand to watch over and care for the equipment in YOUR care that belongs to Tasana Studios.
      14) YOU also agree to and understand that YOU may not use any personal communication device while in the terms of this contract while on set, or in the process of video production.
      15) YOU also agree to and understand that any and all cell phones, PDAs, pagers or any other electronic device that emits any form of audio will be kept in silent mode at all times while in the terms of this contract.
      16) YOU also agree to and understand that YOUR primary function at any event in which Tasana Studios is contracted to obtain video/audio/photo footage is to work toward obtaining said footage.
      17) YOU also agree to and understand the need to keep personal visiting with guest and host on any event to a minimum.
      18) YOU also agree to and understand that YOU may not smoke, or use any form of tobacco, illegal/street drugs or alcohol while in the terms of this contract.
      19) YOU also agree to inform Tasana Studios of any prescription medications that YOU may be on that may interfere with YOUR ability to fulfill the terms of this contract.
      20) YOU agree and understand that YOU must be on location one (1) hour prior to event unless otherwise stated in Other Terms.
      21) YOU also understand and agree that final payment for YOUR services will not be made to YOU until 3 days after the client has completed the terms of their contract which in this case will be on the day of ____________; in the month of ___________; 20_____.
      22) YOU also agree and understand that the spirit and concept of this contract is binding regardless of errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, or terminology.

By signing this contract you agree to and understand the above terms. By signing this contract you also understand that all terms and any questions you may have had have been discussed. This contract is binding for the times and dates listed below and above the signature. If Tasana Studios should need to retain legal assistance in any way to fulfill the terms of this contract you will be held liable for any and all legal fees including attorneys, courts, filings etc. Should you violate the terms of this contract in any manner no monies will be paid to you or in your behalf and you agree not attempt to recover any monies. You may retract this contract no less than 4 days prior to date of first day of shooting. Should you retract from this contract at any time prior to less than 4 days before the first day of shooting you agree to pay Tasana Studios the terms of this contract. You may retract from this contract without prejudice for sickness, medical emergences for self or family, religious activities deemed necessary for your religion, or inclement weather.
      In the event that the contracted client for which Tasana Studios has been retained should cancel said event or violate the terms of their contract this contract is null and void without prejudice on any parties signing this contract.

Other Terms __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I __________________________ have agreed to the above terms from the day of __________________ in the month of ________________; 20___. From the times of _________ am/pm to _________ am/pm. For the amount of $_______._____. To be paid on the date specified in item number 21.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap