Aspiring videographer seeking advice

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I’m an aspiring videographer who hopes to penetrate the market of video coverage (audio visual presentations, music videos, & wedding coverages). I’ve been reading and researching a lot and I’m finally about to buy a Panasonic agvhx200. I’d like to ask for help on what kind of secondary videocam (something that’s below $1500) I can get so my video quality doesn’t differ too much from the agvhx200. I plan to use the secondary camera as an unmanned camera for my wide shots. Also, what kind of mics (I was thinking of a lapel mic & a boom mic — what’s a good affordable brand) & lights should I get initially? What kind of accessories should I have for a start? Thanks.

Inactive

It’s been my experience to use something of professional quality–perhaps a Panasonic PV-GS150 or similar model. It’s a consumer cam, but uses the same technology as their broadcast models. As far as prosumer models, the AG-DVC20 (which I just purchased on eBay) is good. Some reviews are negative, but I wouldn’t worry. Accessories should include extra batteries, filters, a wide angle lens and solid tripods–Manfrotto or Sunpak.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap