Aspect Ratios.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hullo there. I know that most camcorders shoot in a widescreen mode that’s 1.85:1. Is there anyway I can shoot something in 2.85:1, which is the “wider” version of widescreen? I have a Canon Optura 30.

Thanks.

Inactive

Anyone? Please?

Inactive

I’m assuming you mean 2.35:1. That’s what almost all newer movies are in these days. LOTR, Incredibles, National treasure, Pirates of the Carribean, etc. What I do, is shoot in normal 4:3 Fullscreen aspect ratio, and then load my footage into Sony Vegas 5 and crop the image to a size of 720×280. That is a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Of course, you’ll want to film with that in mind. What I do is load some 2.35:1 footage onto a DV tape, pause the footage on my cam, and stick 2 rubber bands on the LCD screen to use as guides. Works really well. I’m not positive if 720×280 is the correct screen size, but I have loaded frame grabs from movies into Vegas and cropped my footage to the size of those frame grabs, and it comes out at 720×280. Now, I don’t know of any other programs besides Vegas that support cropping, since Vegas is the only program I’ve used. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap