Arggg…wedding video gone wrong.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all, I’m new here and need some assistance and ideas. Here’s my dilemma…
      I got married this past weekend and the ceremony and reception was recorded on my Sony DCR-SR42 camera. The video came out crystal clear and it is perfect except for one thing…I didn’t realize that nightshot (infared) was activated on the camera. As a result there is no blue at all on the video making all the colors become totally wrong. I have tried (software) color correction and filters with little or no improvement at all. My question is …is there ANY WAY to fix this issue so I can salvage my wedding video? Is there a filter that will reverse the effects of the infared filter that was inadvertantly used?

Any help would be a Godsend!!

Regards;
      Ken

Participant

nope. you’re stuck with it. sorry. the data you want to bring back simply wasn’t recorded. You can’t bring back what wasn’t recorded.

Maybe you can make it black and white and make it a film noir wedding video.

Participant

That’s what I figured….B&W it is πŸ™‚

Inactive

ya actually I used to shoot in Nightvison for B & W on a tv show I used to work on. It actually works better! And the contrast isn’t lost like in most cases due to more light being shuttled in. And B & W video is far more dramatic and effective with emotion on video, so for a wedding… it’d be perfect!

Inactive

you could get married again…

Participant

you could get married again…

Remarriage – The triumph of hope over experience!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap