Are these prices real? and Another question.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Im looking for a consumer camcorder and i was taking a look on ebay, then i found these incredible prices, good cameras with accesories, i just cant believe it.

Take a look and please advice me if you smell some kind of fake there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-HV30-HD-Camcorder-2-Lenses-PRO-PACK-NEW-HV30-USA_W0QQitemZ230352820608QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras?hash=item35a2191980&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A30

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-HDR-XR500V-120GB-HUGE-MONSTER-KIT-XR500-NEW-USA_W0QQitemZ220450757673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras?hash=item3353e39c29&_trksid=p4634.m332.l1262

This are only two exacples of what i saw.

The other thing is, which one sould i buy? Sony HDR-XR500v, Canon HV30 or JVC GZ-HD6

Participant

When buying from eBay (which I have done – just not for a video camera) the phrase that pays is “caveat emptor” – Let the buyer beware.

You could get a steal or get robbed – You won’t know which until you get the product and have used it for a while (some things work great out of the box only to fail one month in).

Best protection is to use PayPal plus a major credit card to pay – and don’t buy from someone with less than stellar feddback.

Just MHO.

Inactive

Looks like great offers… Be careful!

On the HV30 deal it says: 7 day money back, buyer pays shipping. Not to bad…

Inactive

Good luck

Participant

There’s plenty of scams around, but it looks like the sellers of these camcorders are having exceptionally good deals. One way to figure it out is by checking the seller’s reputation (e.g. comments) – both sellers are 99.3% positive. Knowing that you’ve been ripped off, you can always give the seller negative (yet not flaming)feedback so that everyone knows.

Inactive

I’ve actually ordered from these guys before…they are legit but be warned that if you are in a hurry, they take forever to ship. I bought an HF10 from them and all accessories worked fine and the cam was great.

Inactive

Good to know. Thanks.

Participant

Thanks all of you guys, i really needed that advice. Im studying filmmaking and i really need a camcorder, so i think one of those could do a good work until i can afford for a professional one.

Thanks again and, remember my 2d question.

Why everybody talk about the canon hv20 and hv30? What about the other brands?

Inactive

Stay away from package deals, they consist of the cheapest possible accessories that they can cram in. HV30 is a good camera.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap