Are there field recorders that arent too costly?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Are there field recorders that arent too costly?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have seen some models of field recorders that cost upward of a $1,000 or more. My primary use is to collect sounds outdoors, like ambient nature sounds, etc. I dont have a fancy audio editing software, so I dont need it to save in BWF format. I have a Rode NTG-2 directional condenser microphone that uses XLR output. Are there any that cost much lower that would be good for outdoors? Like in the $200-$300 range?

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

Zoom H2 prtable stereo digital recorder. Reords wav and mp3 formats to an SD(HC) card. Makes it easy to drag audio into your editors. I use it all the time to collect ambients while in the field. You can set it to 2 different 2 channel stereo configurations (90 or 120 degree)or run 4 channel surround (2 separate stereo files). There are a couple aplications out there that can convert this to a single5.1 surround file. It runs about $165.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-H2-Portable-Stereo-Recorder/dp/B000VBH2IG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1239666238&sr=1-1

I have found that most of the negative reviews are from people that did not take the time to learn how to make it work.It does have a learning curve to it. Have had mine for most of a year and still looks new but I try to take care of my “toys”.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

Panasonic LUMIX GH5s w/ Leica lens

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN