Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Apple Motion 2 & Shake
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
May 6, 2008 at 3:31 AM #46713AnonymousInactive
I have a few questions still regarding Apple Motion & Shake….
Will Apple Motion 2 work with Final Cut Express? I’d imagine I’d just have to do a lot of saving and importing as the work flow may not be ideal. But for an editor on a budget, I would think that this could work out just fine.
Also, what exactly is Shake? I hear about it’s integration with Final Cut Studio, but I still have no idea exactly what it does…
July 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM #192374DallasParticipant
I use Shakeextensively. Don’t be pulled in to the trap of thinking Motion AE and Shake should becomparedtoeach-other. They aredifferentthings alltogether. They can all do the same things (with some work), butshouldn’t.
- Motion/movingGrafix/images/video around
- Fast/quick results
Use it for:
- Lower Thirds
- Manipulating moving grafix
- Cleaningup a video and colorcorrection
- Speed (comparedto other composting apps)
Use it for:
- Green and blue screen
- AdvancedIntros andgraphicscenes
July 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM #192375DallasParticipant
Oh, and add Fancy Transitions to the Motion list.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.