APP vs Final Cut Express

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey guys, so I currently have final cut express but i am considering switching to a pc, and would use premiere since i am a little familiar with it. What are the pros and cons of these two programs? keep in mind it is final cut EXPRESS and not PRO, but it is adobe premiere pro
      If it matters I use a canon HG21 and i shoot in 24p I make mostly short films
      ps i dont want this to be about mac vs pc, just FCE vs Adobe Premiere Pro
      thanks!

Participant

The con to Premiere Pro is it does nothing for your marketability as an editor. The pro? It’s very capable at a fraction of the price of higher end NLEs. Truth is, my kids can do anything on their premiere systems with after effects that I can do in my Avid suite. Just takes a little more time.

FCE? Awesome learning tool. If you’re just needin’ cuttin’, it’s great. Should you outgrow it, ya already know the newindustry standard.

Those of you interested in following both sides of this discussion, check out the same post reversed on the Final Cut Express forum.

Yeah, this is talked about at length in the other post. Do agree with Grin’s point though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap