Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › APP vs Final Cut Express
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 23, 2010 at 1:09 AM #45959AnonymousInactive
hey guys, so I currently have final cut express but i am considering switching to a pc, and would use premiere since i am a little familiar with it. What are the pros and cons of these two programs? keep in mind it is final cut EXPRESS and not PRO, but it is adobe premiere pro
If it matters I use a canon HG21 and i shoot in 24p I make mostly short films
ps i dont want this to be about mac vs pc, just FCE vs Adobe Premiere Pro
- May 23, 2010 at 1:51 AM #190044Grinner HesterParticipant
The con to Premiere Pro is it does nothing for your marketability as an editor. The pro? It’s very capable at a fraction of the price of higher end NLEs. Truth is, my kids can do anything on their premiere systems with after effects that I can do in my Avid suite. Just takes a little more time.
FCE? Awesome learning tool. If you’re just needin’ cuttin’, it’s great. Should you outgrow it, ya already know the newindustry standard.
- May 23, 2010 at 3:33 AM #190045EarlCMember
Those of you interested in following both sides of this discussion, check out the same post reversed on the Final Cut Express forum.
- May 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM #190046composite1Member
Yeah, this is talked about at length in the other post. Do agree with Grin’s point though.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.