ANYONE USING – PC Laptop & Firewire Express Card?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing ANYONE USING – PC Laptop & Firewire Express Card?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey all,

I’ve got a mini DV cam (Sony DCR-HC21) with the following outputs: USB, Firewire, A/V Out, LANC. I have NO idea what LANC is…

I want to be able to capture video on my Dell Laptop that does NOT have a firewire port built in. I’ve seen some Express Cards (link below) for sale and it looks like they will do the trick. I put a firewire card in my home PC and it works great!! Good transfers, great video and audio, very bass’y sound.

http://www.buyextras.com/syie13fiexti.html?gclid=CLfyoK-Cv5ICFQwmIgodizeLXA

My question is: Does anyone have info on the laptop card to get a firewire connection going? And if so, what the heck is the 5v power adapter on the side of some of the Firewire express cards?

Thanks VideoMakers!!

JoeCubicle

Anonymous
      Inactive

lanc is remote control for the camera, you can hook up a lanc control device to your tripod to focus and zoom the camera without having to reach up to the camera.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN