Anyone purchasing an HVR-HD1000U?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Just checking to see if any HVR-HD1000U’s have been delivered yet. I’m in a wait and see mode right now. Curious to hear some feedback.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I keep checking every day, but have not seen it “In Stock” on B&H yet. I am curious if a single chip is going to cut it for today’s brides.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I realize this camera won’t be feature packed like other HD cameras but, I can’t afford a $3-5k camera at this time and I need a shoulder mount. I’m hoping the old saying “you get what you pay for” turns out to be a pleasant surprise with this new camera. I’m sure the pros will give some opinions once they get their hands on one.

Anonymous

We’re eager to get our hands on one over here. I’ve been very impressed with Sony’s ClearVid CMOS imagers and I won’t be surprised if this single imager can hold it’s own against some of the more expensive camcorders.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      KevinShaw
      Participant

I’ve heard that the next new Sony cameras will ship around February, but I don’t think anyone knows for sure yet. If the HD1000 has a single 1/3″ CMOS sensor I’ll be skeptical about the low-light performance and wouldn’t order one without testing that first – even the EX1 tends to be noisy in poor light with three 1/2″ CMOS chips.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I saw March as the release but didn’t note the date that was posted. These imagers are really complicated and pushes the edge of technology. I won’t by the first one. πŸ˜‰

empowered
      Participant

I just got an e-mail from B&H that the cameras are now in stock. Looking forward to some feedback. Hey…it’s Christmas already! Excuse me, it’s the “holiday season” for those that wish to be politically correct :-).

Anonymous
      Inactive

YIkes, B&H raised the price a little. Still a full sized camera for $1,500.00 is not bad.

But my questions are, how will the picture quality rate next to a GL2 or Sony 2100? Is it better to get a single chip HD versus a SD three chip camera? Will my bride or Bar Mitzvah mom be happy with the picture quality? If you stick a fifty watt light on top, will that be enough when video tapingthe dancing? But in the church or temple, where you can’t use a light, is a SD three chip better?

Anonymous
      Inactive

After looking at the spec sheet, I noticed low light sensitvity is rated at 4 lux. It’s better than a GL-2 @ 6luxbut not near as good asthe popularVX-2100@ 0 lux. I would be curious to here just how badthe 4 lux limitationis in say…a wedding situation. Does CMOStechnology work better than CCD in this situation?Any comments from the pros?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah dudes, For a very descriptive video (in HD) of the new HD1000u with tests and helpful information see the following link:

http://www.vimeo.com/467253

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN