Anyone have experience with this sony tripod?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been looking at this tripod, but don’t know if I should allocate money to this one, or one with a Bogen 503 head.

VCT 1170RM (with remote controls)
      The remote controls seem like they’d be a handy item
      I’ll have a PD170 on top.

Your thoughts…. πŸ˜€

Inactive

I don’t know about that tripod, but I have the bogen 503 head, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything (unless by anything you mean a FX-1 or PD-170, in which case-SOLD!).

You’re right, the controller is a wonderful thing. I personally was trained on studio cameras with all the controls on the two handles (zoom and VTR switch on one, focus and exposure on the other). It’s the only way for me. For my own equipment, since I couldn’t afford the $30,000 Camera setup I was trained on, I bought the bogen controller (Model 520, IIRC). It has the zoom, focus, record, and power all on the handy controller. Very nice.

Participant

On a Roll Wrote:

I don’t know about that tripod, but I have the bogen 503 head, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything (unless by anything you mean a FX-1 or PD-170, in which case-SOLD!).

You’re right, the controller is a wonderful thing. I personally was trained on studio cameras with all the controls on the two handles (zoom and VTR switch on one, focus and exposure on the other). It’s the only way for me. For my own equipment, since I couldn’t afford the $30,000 Camera setup I was trained on, I bought the bogen controller (Model 520, IIRC). It has the zoom, focus, record, and power all on the handy controller. Very nice.

Can you help a little more. I can’t find the Bogen controller you have. Does it mount to the handle, or is it a handle with controls?

Thanks,
      RB

Inactive

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=307469&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Sorry, I wasn’t thinking and said 520, when it’s really the 521.

The back of the 521 clamps onto the arm of the 503 (or any) head. It’s very easy to use this for zoom, however, I’ve noticed that sometimes it’s hard to find the focus buttons when you’re looking at the camera.

It’s well worth the money, IMHO.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap