Anyone have a Sony DVD Handycam???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Well, I just purchased a new Sony DVD Handycam 105. I have a new computer that is able to read 8cm discs also. The computer will not read the VOB/IFO file that is bured to the disc so there is a software supplied with the camera which is Nero Express 6. That software helps create a 12cm disc that will be readable. For some reason, my discs aren’t being detected. I have been able to transfer parts of my videos but only every once in a while when the discs are detected. I also have the Roxio editing software that says it will read VOB/IFO files.

If you know anything about this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Luke,

You’re not the only one who’s had problems trying to edit their DVD camcorder footage. But, it sounds like you’re having reading issues with your drive. Is that correct?

The Sony DVD Handycam 105 doesn’t have a USB port does it? What kind of 8 cm media are you using and is it compatible with your DVD-ROM drive? Also, if everything looks "compatible" try finalizing your discs before reading them in your DVD-ROM drive. But, note that finalizing a DVD-R disc usually means you won’t be able to record again on that disc. Check you camcorder’s manual on that, however.

Participant

mmontgomery-

Thanks for your reply. I have actually called Sony and my computer maker, HP and figured out that the problem is my DVD drive. They said that they will be coming out with a firmware so the drive will be able to read 8cm discs. I have to wait for them to make it now. Have you heard of such a thing? I hope it doesn’t take too long…

Yes. Firmware upgrades are pretty common. Especially if you’ve bought a relatively new drive. I hope that fixes your problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap