anyone else having trouble getting paid by viacom?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion anyone else having trouble getting paid by viacom?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

In all my years, never have I had a problem getting paid for MTV gigs.

…until April. Now five months after the last shoot I did for them and they are still making up excuses, promising a check, then making up new ones when it doesn’t happen. Just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same. Me thinks they may be next to fold…

Participant

Few of us are as worthy as you are to shoot for MTV.

Participant

define worthy. πŸ˜‰

free is free.

I had a similar issues with Court TV. They were trying to front about whether 30 days had actually elapsed after my co’ sent an invoice and was charging late fees. They paid up promptly, but didn’t pay the late fees. I didn’t care ’cause they paid what they owed. It did damage my co’s rep with them, but I’d rather have clients that pay on time or at least let me know early enough if they are going to be late so arrangements can be made. Most of the guys I know who have done work for Viacom have mentioned having the same problem. 5 Months? Dude you should have passed that on to a collection agency by now. They obviously aren’t thinking about paying you anytime soon….

Participant

troof.

I’m very passive. I have no bad cop in this good cop company. Honestly, I didn’t even know they were overdue until mrs grinner mentioned it 90 days out. My biggest client, Anheuser-Busch, likes to collect intrest on my money for 60-90 days so I don’t get antsy often. In over a decade of being in business for myself, I am happy to say only two companies, Piera at Studio Piera and Barry Theal at Presidential Details have stiffed me. I don’t mind mentioning their names googable because they owe me a camaro. lol

That said, Viacom is not, or has not been the same level of no integrity proudness the two above are. At least not in the past. At least the two flaky folks above either ignored me or boldly stole my work while admitting it. The whole dog and pony act over a wee day rate or two is what’s unbecoming in this case. Again, I sense a chapter filing in the near future for a cartain network that use to play music videos.

Participant

Grinner, you may want to re-think the contract thing, without one you may not have a legal leg to stand on.

Participant

In this case, being hired part time and doing all the tax forms… it’s all in stone.

Inactive

I agree with you Charles. part time or not, ALWAYS work with a contract. It is your only recourse in case of payment problemsand other agreement issues.?Your contract should better be rock solid, a well-worded contract assures that both you and the client are on the same page.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap