Anybody own a Panasonic HDC-TM700? Need Help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys. I got the
      Panasonic HDC-TM700 and am having a problem with it. I recall a few people here have one and love
      it, so Im hoping you could help. I read
      the instruction book and searched online but I cant seem to find anybody with
      my specific problem so Im trying to find out if there is something wrong with
      it,

Basically Ive used it twice now, recording to the HDD at the
      60p frame rate and everything else is on auto.
      The first time while i was recording for a while (about 20-30 mins) it popped
      up a message on the screen. I forget
      what the exact message said, but it was something about DATA Processing, and it
      took about 5 minutes for it to go away and then allowed me to record
      again. That was frustrating b/c I missed
      a lot of shots i needed. Then yesterday
      I put it on a tripod to record a 30 minute ceremony, i pressed record,
      confirmed it was recording and walked away.
      I didnt turn it off until the ceremony was over 30 minutes later (so i
      dont know if there was any messages). I
      connected the camera to my computer and pulled the files off from the camera
      HDD.

The first thing i
      noticed was instead of the ceremony being one 30 minute file, it was broken up
      into 3 files. When i played it back on
      my pc, the first file was 18 minutes, the second file is 5 minutes (and there
      is a 3 second gap in the video), the last file is only 3 minutes (with another
      3 min gap) and then the last 5 minutes of the ceremony are missing.

I am very frustrated with this and dont know why its
      happening. If you could offer any help
      or advice id really appreciate it.
      Thanks!

Participant

This sounds mainly like a problem with your card quality/speed. I use a generic MicroCenter 32gb class 10 in my SDT750, and although it is generic, it was cheap for a 32gb card and it works flawlessly for me. I have other cheaper brands and have had horrid issues almost to what you are explaining. The biggest advantage is it is a class 10 card which is a pretty decent speed on an SDHC card.

Now as for files splitting..

This will happen regardless of the speed of card. This is standard for any solid state camera, as files will be limited to under 4GB each due to the fat32 format. The length that you are describing between each file though is pretty baffling, and is why I believe it is a speed/quality problem. When I pull straight off the camera I lose at most 1-2 frames between files. I believe the Panasonic software can import your files and stitch them together and you wont even see the missing frames (the information is still on the camera but the nature of splitting them and using as separate files slightly masks some of it). My Sony has similar software that combines all my footage from my Z5s off my CF cards. I truly have never used the Panasonic software though as my Panasonic at best is always a 3rd camera for me and rarely use it for lengthy clips. When I do I just deal with the missing frame and you can barely notice it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap