any way to take screen pic?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am completely new and ignorant on the editing and software. I was wondering if there is a way to take a screen shot or basically make a particular frame into an individual picture. I have iMovie as well as Final Cut Express. thanks for the help

XTR-91
      Participant

“CTRL-Command-4”

and drag a box to crop

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not having used your software, I would suggest looking for fteeze frame, or making a still image. There is probably a command button that will makejpg or png file from the selected frame.

EarlC

In iMovie you can go to FILE and drag down to “Save Frame” or command-F and save either a jpg or PICT file to any folder you designate. Just move your cursor to the frame you want to freeze.

Or go to EDIT and drag down to “Create Still Frame” or shift-command-S and a five-second still clip will be installed in your clip file.

This is in iMovie ’06 and might be different in later versions, but there should be similar approaches to any of the newer versions as well as FCE.

Yvon
      Participant

Hi,

2 ways to record a screen picture:

1) Using a Windows 7 as OS software you have THE SNIPPING TOOL

2) Using from Camtasia product or Jing that is a free screen capture software.

http://www.techsmith.com

3) Most drawing software has a screen capture function or cropping function build in.

Regards,

YR

Yvon
      Participant

Hi,

Without any software you can use a digtal camera to shot a LCD computer screen with a good result.

Use a small tripod, no flash test automatic mode if work nice or use the manual mode to control exposure.

This is a solution but the best is a screen capture.

Regards,

YR

Anonymous
      Inactive

Get Power Director, you can do anyyhing with that, effects, movies, snapshots. I use it to create films for our band!

Yvon
      Participant

Hi,

My point of view,

Not too much software can beat this 3 leaders on the computerscreen capture.

First on the top rank: Camtasia Studio 7at$299 or the free Jing

Second rank; Adobe Captivate 5 one the best but costly

Third position Demo Builder 8 easy to use and powerfull

A lot of shareware can fit the need but pro works with the best same for NLE software better to start the right way with company offering a lot of tutorial and good forum.

Regards,

YR

EarlC

The original post indicates that the user has iMovie and Final Cut Express, also contributing to the assumption that the Mac OS is being utilized. In addition to the perfectly logical solutions offered by the software specifically mentioned, and on the assumption that a copy of GRAB is lurking in the OS applications files inside the utilities folder, then all that is needed is to identify them and use them, rendering the need for extra expenditure for other programs free, reasonably priced or expensive moot.

Sure some of the mentioned options are workable, and a lot of the mentioned software is certainly more than capable of providing the needed action, but serious overkill for simply acquiring a screen shot, screen grab, still frame or whatever all totally “doable” with the software in hand.

Anonymous
      Inactive

thanks a bunch for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.