any suggestions for improvement?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This was created using Final Cut Pro 6 and Motion 3. My high school that I graduated from makes an annual sports video of all the school’s sports teams. This is the opening intro.

Participant
      Participant

That was pretty good! Is the “That was wonderful” voice clip from “Mary Poppins” or something?LOL

My only suggestion would be once the athletes turn red with the white outline, that you pause and then keep the movie clip playing, except that they will be running in the red background with the white outline. It’s pretty tricky, but it would look cool like something on normalTV.

I don’t use Motion, so I don’t know if you can do this, but in Adobe After Effects, you can do it with a little work and some creativity.

Of course, this is my opinion. When I showed my demo reel to my After Effects teacher, he started suggesting trying to do displacement maps and stuff that I KNEW wouldn’t work with the flow…

Good luck! Chris

Participant

yea i know what you mean. you’re talking about rotoscoping. I did that once. Took way too long. I didn’t have that much time to work on this project.

Participant

Yup. I like to think I’m fairly good at rotoscoping, but it does take some time if you are a beginner and not very fast.

I suppose you could combine the rotoscoping with motion tracking, but then this is more for After Effects. I did see a really good motion tracking/rotoscoping on adobetv. This guy took a movie of a red van, rotoscoped, copy and pasted and made a movie of a long train of red vans. He was REALLY fast and it looked really cool at the end.

again, not Motion. But i’m trying to work on getting really good/fast at rotoscoping. You can get good jobs in it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap