Animated Gif Software

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello fellow video-people-graphers;

Got a small issue, I have been asked by a client to do something I have NEVER done. Make an Animated Gif. Yep that is right. I know I have to create each frame 1×1, and I know I need about 6 frames or such, but I can’t find a good program to do it. has anyone had to do this and can anyone point me to soom good crapware/spyware free and free animated gif maker? Thanks

Participant

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-animated-GIFs-in-photoshop/

Participant

Don, thanks. I do not use Photoshop or own a copy I use Corel PaintShop Pro. I will see if the same could be done in PSP. Thanks. However if anyone knows if a simple gif creator please post it. Thanks

Participant

anybody know if you can do it in Gimp? gimp is free…

Inactive

Gregory, PSP is more than adequate. I haven’t used the program for years but I have created animated GIF files with PSP many times. Not sure about the later releases but the version I have has a separate animation plugin included with the software, Animation Shop or Animation Studio or something like that. Mine is an older version though, back when PSP was owned by JASC not Corel.

Participant

I normally use Photoshop or After Effects. It depends on the content of the GIF. If its video, there are several NLE’s that will render a GIF file. I also work on web design quite a bit. If you need a GIF, another route would be flash or HTML5 if you want cross platform for apple products. There are quite a few flash to html5 banner converters now and you can get a bit better quality than with a GIF file that way.

What ever you use is going to have some influence on the quality of the GIF.

Participant

I was looking at the flash way as well. What I have is a customer that wants his logo (I created it) to have the flames flaming and the ice glittering. here is the site I built for him

http://www.conditionedheatingandcooling.com/

The logo is on the left.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap