Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Analog to Digital (Hi8 footage to Final Cut Express)
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM #47901AnonymousInactive
I have some old Hi8 tapes and my old Sony HandyCam with no firewire. What is the best way to convert this footage onto my Mac with Final Cut Express. I dont want to buy converting software since I already use FCE. I just want to know what kind of adapter to by so that when I go into FCE and click capture it will capture what is on my HandyCAM.
- April 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM #197091Grinner HesterParticipant
Your handycam doesn’t have firewire does it? If you can borrow a digital 8 camera, you can use it’s firewire and it’ll play hi8 just fine. Outside of that, you’re lookin’ at a cheap analog break out box.
- April 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM #197092composite1Member
For the ‘macweenies’ that just gotta’ do some old school capturing:
- July 2, 2010 at 3:10 PM #197093AnonymousInactive
Canopus Twin Pac 100 will handle that
- July 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM #197094D0nParticipant
sony trv 350 plays digital 8, hi 8 , and has firewire out…. I got one used for $8.00 or so and use it’s vcr mode to capture analogue up to “svideo, and dv capture…
one would work for you if you can find one.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.