an after effects cs4 question

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hey guys, new here, hows it going?

i got a question about after effects

for some reason everytime i color correct on after effects and then export it, i get this weird pixelated look,someone told me i should export the file as a qucktime movie, i did and the problem presisted, it looks a little better but it still loses quality. is there something im doing wrong while exporting? settings maybe?

Participant

What is your source format and size and what is your export format and size?

Participant

ok what i did was exported the cilp as a quicktime file from premiere, then opened it on after effects, added curves then exported it as a quicktime again, and what do you mean by size?

Participant

What is the size/resolution of the clip?

If you are going to work in Premiere and AE you need to get used to using AVI unless you are working with HDV. Depending on your QuickTime settings the clip could look really bad after having effects added and being exported twice. AVI won’t have that problem.

Participant

when i work with AVI files they usually look awful after i export them from AE thou, do you know what could be the problem? and i usually dont change the resolution

Participant

720×480

Inactive

If you are working with Premiere Pro CS4 and After Effects CS4, you can use the Adobe Dynamic Link. It will send the video to AF without rendering. Then you color correct. When you see the video in PP, it will have all the changes that you made in After Effects. I did it once, and it worked perfectly, but i forgot how to use that…. Maybe one of the Premiere guys can tell u…

-Caio

Participant

If you have a clip on your Premiere Pro Timeline do this:

1: Right-Click on the clip and choose Replace with After Effects Comp. (This will open after Effects, import your clip into a new after Effects comp, and replace the occurrence of the clip on your timeline with the AE comp.)

2: In After Effects perform your color correction or other effects work and save the File. The changes will be refleced in the after Effects comp on your Premiere Pro timeline. If you want to edit the placed comp on your timeline just right click on the clip and choose Edit Original.

If the clips are not on your Timeline:

1: Choose File>Adobe Dynamic Link>New After Effects Comp.

2: Import your clips into your New After Effects comp and do whatever you want to them. Save your AE file.

3: Back in Premiere you will have the After Effects comp in your project panel. Just drag it to your timeline and use it like any other clip. Beaware the quality will not be perfect until you renter the AE file.

If your goal is color correction though I question why you are doing it in AE with curves. The Three-Way color corrector in Premiere Pro will probably give you better results.

Chuck,

>>If you are going to work in Premiere and AE you need to get used to
      using AVI unless you are working with HDV. Depending on your QuickTime
      settings the clip could look really bad after having effects added and
      being exported twice. AVI won’t have that problem.<<

That isnt’ correct. Like AVI, Quicktime is merely a wrapper. The codec you use will affect the quality of the video file regardless of which of those two formats you use. In fact when using the Mac version of Premiere Pro Quicktime Mov is the default video format and I have been using Quicktime files with After Effects for years both as am importable and exportable format.

Participant

Also, one other note.

Adobe Dynamic Link has been around since the CS3 versions of the Adobe Video applications.

Participant

thank you so much guys!

Participant

oh wait so i have to click on add to render queue first? before saving?

Participant

No, if you are sharing content between Premiere Pro and After Effects you don’t have to render the files. You can place unrendered native After Effects compositions on the Premiere pro timeline and Vice versa.

Participant

thanx jerron

Participant

anytime…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap