Amateur to Amateur Advice….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      composite1

As one of the many Pro and Intermediate Gurus here in the forums, I’ve given tons of tips and advice to tons of Amateur and newbie videomakers. It’s always cool to find an Amateur or Intermediate who has the chops to put out good info that even we pro’s can find useful. Here’s a vid by Dave Dugdale on ‘How to Greenscreen with Adobe Premiere CS5’.

How to Key Green Screen DSLR Footage in Premiere Pro CS5 from Dave Dugdale on Vimeo.

Woody
      Participant

That was great.

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Nice video Wolfgang. My greenscreen set have guerrilla written all over
      it, but it works great. Although the set temperature rise like 5
      degrees, I turn the lights off from time to time and I put a fan in the
      side for a more “pleasant” experience. For chroma keying I prefer to
      use After Effects because its way more powerful than Premiere and I feel
      more comfortable with it. Check out my greenscreen guerrilla style set,
      enjoy

composite1

Luis,

Yup that’s straight ‘Guerrilla’ brother! One way to cut down on heat on set is to use Compact Flash Bulbs instead of Halogens and Flood lights. CF Bulbs come in comparable wattages of 100, 150 and 300. You’ll have to double to quadruple up on bulbs to achieve a certain wattage level (i.e. 600w = 6 100w, 4 150w or 2 300w) but, they’re much cheaper and don’t kick out anywhere near the heat. You can also get them in Daylight and Indoor (Tungsten equivalent).

Be advised CF bulbs are ‘off color temperature’ from traditional bulbs. Indoor bulbs rate at around 2700K and Daylights rate at 6500K so make sure to do a good manual white balance and adjust your exposures accordingly.

Halogens are best used outdoors for shooting. Indoors they do present a potential fire risk.

michael9

Hi

Thanks, great to find such a clear delivery of info.

Cheers

Michael

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN