Alternitive Lenses for Sony EX3

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi

i would like to upgrade my fujinon x14 lense of my sony pmw ex3, i am looking for a hd profesional lense with a telephoto at least x18, ensuring full compatibilty with the cam, could somebody help my search please, thank you

Rob
      Participant

here’s a link to HD lenses at B&H. You want a 1/2″ lens because the EX3 has 1/2″ sensors. Most of the lenses on this page are 2/3″ but you should be able to find a couple 1/2″ lenses to choose from. Take your pick:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/2672/Lenses_HDTV_Cine_Lenses.html

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks.

So you mean i can use either the fuginon xs 17x55brm or the canon yh20x6.4 and with these lenses will i be

improving the picture quality over the supplied fuginon 14x lens. Will there be a big diffference in details?

Rob
      Participant

There will be an improvement in image quality. As for how much improvement, I can’t say. I’ve never tested different lenses on an EX3.

The more important question is, will spending 8k for this lens be worth the investment – is the improvement in image quality beneficial? If you shoot weddings, probably not. If you’re broadcasting something, then it’s probably worth the investment.

composite1

Joesul,

Check out these lens adapters and accessories at: http://www.schneideroptics.com/century/dv/ex/ex.htm

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN