Alternative to a VTR

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Filmdude07
      Participant

I am just getting into the industry and do not have a lot of funds to poor into my work at the moment. I was wandering if there was a good alternative to a VTR. I want a VTR but cant afford one. I need something soon because i dont want to ruin the heads on my new dvx. Any sugestions????

Coreece
      Participant

If it is mainly for capturing footage into your computer, I would recommend just buying a cheap mini dv camera…I got one for 50 bucks…the quality is the same as if I were plaing it back from the 3 chip…

DaveArthur
      Participant

I posted this on another thread a while back, but it is appropriate here as well…
      You might look on eBay for a non-working camera, or do a search for “miniDV needs repair.” It is not unusual for the imaging electronics to go out on a camera while the playback portions will still work fine. It is so expensive to repair these cameras that they have little or no value.

Look through the descriptions for a good camera that still plays back but will no longer create a good image. You might be able to get a compact and inexpensive miniDV deck out of it.
      Dave
      http://www.HowToVideoPRO.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.